Shoulder Rotation Brace
SHOULDER ROTATION BRACE
The shoulder rotation brace CLEVER with rotation angle regulation is an efficient immobilizer for treatment of an arm fracture, a dislocated shoulder or rotator cuff surgery in post-operative and post-traumatic conditions. The Arm rotation brace AM-AO-KG called CLEVER shall be prescribed by the doctor or professional orthopaedic specialist. According to the newest medical investigations recommends the application of positioning of shoulder in lateral rotation in the cases of treatment of shoulder dislocations.
The support sleeve is closed by the circumference stabilization strap.
Construction: The Orthosis is made of Active3D and ActivSpace.
Active3D™ is thermoformed fabric made of special foamed, cell-closed designed material. It reduces the pressure on the body or any abrasions made by orthopaedic stays and aluminum splints. It is fully waterproof fabric and does not absorb sweat. It’s easy to clean. Due to its features, the fabric is an excellent product for making medical orthopaedic braces and orthoses. ACTIVE 3D™ has various external self-gripping layers. Our material has special, thermoformed properties and may be shaped according to the functional goals of the final braces.
ActivSpace™ is a spacer, polyamide 3D lamination with high skin ventilation. It is very lightweight, consisted of 2 layers. Between them, we use polyamide braids with 4 mm width. ActivSpace™ is not elastic what improves stabilization. Inside the lamination, between 2 layers, the air flows freely, maintaining minimal water and moisture absorption. Waterproof material.
CLEVER 2 is equipped with semi rigid, anatomically shaped forearm sleeve, with self-regulation length.
The orthosis CLEVER is provided with auto adhesive closure bands, which allow easy adjustment of their length additionally equipped with soft protectors. The construction of bands helps to obtain maximum unloading of the shoulder.
The orthosis is equipped with hip aluminum frame with shoulder abduction system. The aluminum frame is anatomically shaped, perfectly fits to the patient body improving stabilization of the joint.
The product offers possibility to fit a handle support for a hand or silicone ball for hand exercising.
- the support maintaines the limb in abducent position, special design of the allumninum splint enables fluent adjustment of the movement range in the humeral joint (from 20 internal rotation to 15 of outside rotation)
- ARC; from 15 internal rotation to 70 of outside rotation – ARC-XR
- special foam handle enables exercisse of forearm and hand muscles as well as guarantees placement of the wrist in the medium position)
- the suspension tape of the support is equipped with soft padding in the neck area which assures beter comfort of use and no pressure on the artery.
- the support can be used for left and right upper limb
- wide range of adjustment of the VELCRO tapes as well as the elasticity of the abducent splint make the support universal: one size for all
- abducent brace fulfils all the terapeutic functions leaving the area of the hummeral joint free to enble easy change of dressing or physiotherapeutic treatment without taking off the whole stabilizing construction.
Purpose of use
The shoulder rotation brace, type AM-AO-KG, can be used in case of all injuries or disorders in the area of the shoulder, requiring support or immobilization of the upper limb. It is also used after the surgery. The brace is especially useful as means of immobilization after the artroscopy or open surgery of the humeral joint. It is used to stabilize and place the humeral joint in the required position.
The orthosis is recommended to support and partially immobilization of the Upper Limb in case of Plegia or Paralysis.
- Post-operative and Post-Traumatic treatment of the shoulder required positioning of the shoulder and arm in rotation angle
- Rotator Cuff Plastic Surgery
- Anterior Luxation
- Fracture of the head of humerus
- Bankart injury of shoulder dislocation
- Post arthroscopy of shoulder
- Shoulder prosthesis
- Frozen Shoulder- Adhesive Capsulitis
ATTENTION: the rotation brace of the upper limb AM-AO-KG is not designed to be used again by another patient
In case of skin changes in place where the brace touches the skin (abrasions, injuries, skin eczema) use of the brace should be limited
In case of skin changes in place where the brace touches the skin it is necessary to contact your doctor.
- Use of the brace without following this instruction may result in severe complications
- Patients using the brace without doctor’s or therapist recommendation, use the brace on their own risk
|Size||Waist circumference||How to measure|
|Single size, fits both sides||min 65 cm – max 145 cm
(min 25,6″ – max 57,1″)
Total height of the product: 21 cm (8,3″)
Total length of product: 47 cm (18,5″)